Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm too happy to think of a title

Freedom! Finally. I never really knew what that felt like, as in the true sense of the word. But after a gruelling 2 year torture, i think i'm there now. Its probably as good as prison break! So to be exact. Its been 4 days and a couple of hours. And I just can't get enough of it. I mean yes, I still have a tiny corner at the back of my head worried silly about the results, but heck! 90% of my brain is just too happy to think too much about it. So I guess that's a good thing. The vacation started of pretty well I guess. At least compared to previous standards. I signed up for an aerobics class the minute i finished my last exam. Its all dance-y and nice. I'm not a dance person, but this is good. And when I sweat it out, I feel so accomplished! And I did dabble with some cooking and baking. Okay being completely honest. I got the taste right. The texture of the stuff I cooked, well it could use some work. But that's okay really. I mean not too bad for a person who didn't know where the spoons were in the kitchen the last two years.

While I was preparing for my last exam, I signed up at Pottermore during a break. And I got semi-addicted to it (I had to expect that from me!). Got sorted into Gryffindor. And I have a Phoenix core wand. Could anything get better than that! Plus, I have 460+ house points which i managed to score in between studying, writing exams, jumping around after they got over and entertaining my kid cousins. I think one of my summer resolutions is to try and score at least 100 house points a day. I need to work on Potions and I'm fairly good at duelling, so it shouldn't be too hard. 

So I have two endlessly long months of vacation ahead. I still have some more things to do. Some ideas for sketches, volunteering and playing veena again. Its been a really long 4 days and I love it. Every bit of it. The thought that I don't need to touch those depressing multiple choice questions and fat books filled with theory is so cheerful. Cheerful enough for me to stash them in a bookshelf and never look at them again. At least for now. 

So I guess that's that. I have some movies to watch and sunshine to catch up with. And I can't wait to fly!

2 comments: